When you have dozens of friends and family on WhatsApp, it can be difficult to manage the constant flow of messages that arrive in your phone. This is where WhatsApp archive chat comes in handy! You can archive all the conversations that are no longer relevant to you, such as those with people who live far away or those who rarely communicate with you. Here, we’ll show you how to archive your WhatsApp chats:
How to archive your WhatsApp chat?
- Tap and hold a chat
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner
- Tap on Archive
How to restore the archived chats?
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Tap on the three dots button in the top right corner of your screen, then tap “Archived”.
- Now you can choose which archived chat you wish to restore by tapping on it and pressing “Restore” at the bottom of your screen.
How to setup the automatic archiving feature in WhatsApp?
To enable the “Archive chats” feature, you need to go to Settings and then click on “General” option.
- Set a time period for archiving your chat: You can choose any time period by clicking on “Select Days”. If you want all the old messages in your Whatsapp account to be removed automatically after 30 days or 1 year, then select either of these options from the drop-down menu.
- Manually archive your chats: If you want only some specific chats deleted after being archived, then use this option instead of setting an automatic schedule for archiving them all at once.
Here you can learn how to archive your whatsapp chat and also learn how to restore it with this article.
- How to archive your WhatsApp chat:
To archive your WhatsApp chats, you need to go through the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and tap on Chats.
- Now tap on More options at the bottom right corner of your screen and select Archive option from it.
This will help you in archiving all of your chats in one go without having to select each chat individually.
If you are looking for a way to archive WhatsApp chat, then this article is the right place. Here we have discussed everything regarding archiving and restoring the chats. You can also setup the automatic archiving feature in WhatsApp which will automatically save all your chats on your phone so that they don’t get deleted by mistake or any other reason.